Friday, August 11, 2006

Shug

Shug, I fail to see the magic. A lovely book--but distinguished? Rather: sweet and predictable as a ice pop that's gone too quick.

I'm counting on those of you who read faster than me to pipe in with comments--pro or con about books that have been suggested...and more titles from the fall lists, as they start coming in. At some point I'll either start winnowing our suggested list...or create a second one to show which titles seem to be the true contenders. The idea is to have no more than ten that we can bring to the final battle.

4 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

just finishing up bella at midnight. don't know that i'd call it distinguished. but maybe it's just not my genre? anyone else have thoughts. i have enjoyed it....

sharon

4:57 PM  
Blogger Nina Lindsay said...

I haven't gotten to Bella yet; but there is something tricky about identifying the "distinguishing" characteristics of some books that are just really good books. And it's hard to appreciate the distinguished characteristics of a book that's "not your genre." Part of the reason for having a large committee is the hope that all genres end up with at least one cheerleader; but it doesn't always happen.

Nina

3:40 PM  
Blogger Literaticat said...

PLEASE read VIVE LA PARIS by Esme Raji Codell.

Chills. It is her best book by far.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I love fantasy, and I love retelling of fairy tales, but "Bella At Midnight" failed to intrigue me too. It had promise...but somehow fell quite flat.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home